Tushy Toning Workout
Guest Blog Post by my friends over at Sassy Fit!
Hello! Nice to meet you. We are Sassy Fit, a mobile personal training company in Seattle. We travel to our clients’ homes to provide a customized and state of the art booty kicking. Our clients are professional women looking for a way to squeeze in a quality workout between jobs, their kids, and their busy social lives. So what does a Sassy Fit workout look like?
Well, every gal has her favorite muscle group to focus on in a strength-training workout; we love to work the tushy! Hitting a specific muscle group with several different exercises in a row, 2-3 times per week can give you a fast boost to toning results!
Here’s part of a workout from our Sassy Pants Program that our clients love,
Walking Lunges with backward lift help tone your buns, and increase your stride length in running since your strengthening your forward motion movements.
- Stand in a split stance, with feet about 3 feet apart. You want both knees to be at about 90-degree angles at the bottom of the movement.
- Hold weights in each hand for added intensity.
- Bend the knees and lower the back knee toward the floor, keeping the front heel down and the knee directly over the center of the foot.
- Keep the torso straight and abs in as you push through the front heel, switching sides in a walking motion and back to starting position.
Perform 2 to 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps
The Plie Squat involves an extra wide foot placement that helps target your leg and glute muscles in different ways. In a plie squat you use a bit more inner thigh than in traditional squats. This can be a nice variation to add to your routine if you need a new challenge.
- Begin in a wide stance with toes out at a comfortable angle. Your knees will need to stay aligned with your toes, so you don’t put unwanted pressure on your knees.
- To add weight you can hold dumbbells on the upper thighs, a single dumbbell in front or a barbell on the shoulders or behind the head.
- Bend the knees and lower down into a squat, keeping knees in line with toes, abs contracted and back straight.
- Only go down to a 90-degree angle with your knees if you don’t feel intense pressure on the knees.
- Push back to start by squeezing your bum the whole time and pausing at the top.
Do 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps.
Dead lifts are challenging enough on both legs…doing them on one leg will really challenge your balance as well as add intensity to the working leg and glutes.
- Stand holding weights or medicine ball in front of thighs and place left leg out behind you with the toe lightly touching the floor (or lift it completely off the floor for more of a challenge).
- Keeping the shoulders back, abs in and the back straight, tip from the hips and lower the weights towards the floor.
- Lower as far as your flexibility allows. You can bend the knee slightly if you need to.
- Push into the heel to go back to starting position.
Do 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps on each side.
*If you live in the Seattle area and would like to try out our Sassy Pants Program we are offering our Touch of Sass package of 2 sessions for $50 to see what we’re all about!
Go on Get your Sass On!Read More →