Spring is right around the corner, and asides from the (hopefully) beautiful weather, flowers blooming, and April showers comes a host of new trends for kids that I can’t wait to try on my little lady. So what’s hot this spring, you ask?
1. Whimsical pieces - Anything that makes you reminisce about your childhood or makes you go “awww” is very in right now. Think applique birds (like on this too cute for words Boden Applique Pinnie), hot air balloons, and funny faces. This trend is perfect for either gender and oh-so-adorable for Mom.
2. Preppy – Come on, what’s cuter than a little boy in a tie? Not much, that’s what. And this J. Crew gingham version in bright and spring-y colors is just perfect for Easter and beyond.
3. Pastel –These See Kai Run Midori shoes just scream spring and are right on the pastels trend. Think soft, think pretty. And pastels aren’t just for girls anymore, either. Both boys and girls can rock the rainbow of lavender, mint, yellow, baby blue, and yes, even pink!
4. Lace – Romantic lace is back in vogue in children’s fashions this spring. Little ladies will love playing tea in the plethora of lace dresses soon to hit the stores like this lovely frock from Zunie. And don’t limit yourself to just dresses. Lace tops, skirts, and even pants are soon to be at a retailer near you.
5. Stripes – Stripes are one of those ubiquitous spring trends that just keeps coming back year after year. Perhaps it’s the nod to the nautical, the French, or none of the above. Either way, they’re très chic. Something like this Seersucker Blazer from Children’s Place hits two trends at once – stripes and blazers for kids. Talk about two for the price of one!
6. Neon – Spring’s motto may as well be the brighter, the better. Neon is hot hot hot right now in both adult and kids fashions. These unisex fluorescent yellow Gap Neon Skinny Jeans are right on point and perfect for the season. (And a secret benefit: they’ll make finding your kid in a crowd a breeze.) And since Gap carries the same neon jeans in adult sizes, moms can match too!
7. Floral – Floral prints are huge this spring for both big girls and little girls alike — and even boys! From retro, to modern, everything’s coming up flowers. I particularly love this fanciful J.Crew Pull-on Pleated Skirt, and hopefully it’s like mother, like daughter in this case!
So what do you think of all the new spring trends in kids fashion this year? Are you dying to try any particular style on your tots? Let us know!