The first day of school is thrilling for parents and kids alike, but the excitement of a kindergartener can’t be beat! Make your little one’s very first day of school extra memorable with this quick and easy back to school craft for kindergarteners.
Brightest Bulb in Kindergarten Craft
All of us mamas know that our little Einsteins are the “brightest bulbs” in their classes, and this simple craft is a fun way to memorialize their first day of school. With just a few basic supplies, your new kindergartner will have a fridge-worthy piece of art to be proud of! And psst… it also doubles as an adorable photo op! #momwin
What you need to get started
- “Brightest Bulb in Kindergarten” template (download here)
- Yellow washable tempera paint
- Crayons or markers
1. Download and print our “Brightest Bulb in Kindergarten” template.
2. Cover your child’s hand completely in yellow paint and have them stamp their hand to create a “bulb” on top of the black base.
3. Add some flair by coloring the words at the top of the page or adding some extra details. My daughter included a few thumbprints on her page because she didn’t think one light bulb was enough, haha!
4. Snap of photo of your proud kindergartener on their first day of school and hang their completed craft in a place of honor in your home!
We hope back to school is extra special for all of your kiddos! Let us know if your new kindergartener gives this fun craft a try!
This post was contributed by Joanna Murnan. You can find more from Joanna on her blog, Makingmine.