The kids are back in school after a fun-filled summer of family time. What better way to celebrate – ahem, I mean grieve – than to plan a little weekend getaway with the hubs.
Fall is a great time to plan a couple’s vacation; there are travel deals galore. In order to start planning your grownup getaway, first you should decide what type of vacation you want. Do you want to lie leisurely on the beach? Seek thrills? Party in Vegas? Go on a cruise? Whatever you decide get started with your plans now.
Making Your Grownup Getaway Plan
In order to get your ball in motion, you need to make a plan. Here are some quick tips for moving forward.
- Download your favorite travel apps and start your research.
- Determine whether you want a luxury couple’s vacation or if you need to stick to a limited budget.
- Maximize your leisure time together by choosing a destination within a couple hours (plane or drive time) away.
- Commit to a digital detox during your special time together. There is nothing less romantic than constantly checking your phone.
- Open your mind to new experiences and be flexible in your grownup getaway plan.
- Just because you have planned a couple’s weekend, doesn’t mean you can’t take the kids with you. Many resorts offer wonderful kid programs and babysitters onsite.
Getaway Ideas for a Couples Vacation
Go on an urban retreat
Heading to a larger city can be a great way to stimulate all the senses; Broadway shows, cultural exhibitions, museums and a wide array of restaurant offerings. The sights, sounds, smells and activities in a bustling city can be just the thing you need to reconnect on a wonderfully adult, kid-free level.
Romp at a ranch
On the opposite end of the spectrum from an urban retreat, is an adults-only weekend at a wide-open ranch. If you spend much of your time around a lot of people in a tech-filled environment, you’ll love the solace a ranch can offer. Imagine horseback riding through a prairie or rounding up cattle during the day, and enjoying a relaxing spa treatment before a chef prepared meal in the evening. When you see your man being all “manly,” you’ll love him that much more (trust me).
You may also: Exploring Colorado in the Fall
Relax on a beach
Probably the most common and desired couple vacation is a beach vacation. Fruity drinks, dreamy sunsets, and a cool ocean breeze are the perfect concoction for romance, in my mind. By choosing an all-inclusive resort, you can spend more time relaxing with the hubs and less time dealing with logistics.