It just hit me the other day that I would be pregnant during the spring and part of the summer. I admittedly got a little nervous, because it’s winter time in Canada (not exactly mild weather) and I’m already experiencing hot flashes. Because of this, I vowed to my husband that I would only be wearing dresses, skirts and anything else that allows for my pregnant self to feel somewhat cool during the warmer months. I love maintaining my sense of style during pregnancy, but comfort (and cool-ness) is now the deciding factor in my clothing choices.
Dresses are a wardrobe staple for me because you can throw them on and instantly look put-together. Add a few of your favourite accessories and you’ve got yourself a cute and comfy outfit! So who better to turn to when looking for adorable maternity dresses than Rosie Pope? I actually felt giddy while browsing her website because there are SO many dresses to choose from in different styles that can suit every kind of pregnant woman. The dresses are detailed enough that you could wear them alone, but not overly busy that you wouldn’t be able to layer on your favourite necklaces and other accessories. I had a hard time narrowing down my favourite dresses, because I pretty much loved them all, but here is a small sampling of what I think are some fun spring dresses from Rosie Pope’s maternity collection. Take a look!
1. Best Dress – $128.00 – Stripes are still a big trend, and this adorable dress does it right. Celebrities such as Reese Witherspoon have worn this sweet dress so you know it has to be a maternity wardrobe staple during spring and summer. I can see this being worn with a pair of comfortable wedges and some great bangles for a casual look.
2. Bohemian Shirtdress – $178.00 – This dress is printed with wishbones for all of the mamas-to-be that are constantly hearing “good luck!” The shirtdress-style frock is made of flattering silky material and a skinny belt to add some definition. This is an easy style that can be thrown on in a rush in the morning with some flats, booties or pumps and simple jewelry.
3. Catherine Dress – $128.00 – Cobalt blue is still dominating the trends, and combined with the slinky style of this dress, it is perfect for a date night with or girls night out! You’ll feel sexy and comfortable — two things that can sometimes prove to be a challenge while expecting.
4. Charlotte Dress – $168.00 – This is a super comfortable dress with gorgeous detailing that gives off the perfect boho vibe. Dress it up for a special occasion or dress it down for a day of running errands or time with your kids — either way you will look effortlessly gorgeous.
5. Chloe Shirtdress – $168.00 – This dress epitomizes spring to me. Effortless, casual, polished, stylish. You don’t need anything else to pull off this dress other than a pulled-back casual ponytail and some comfortable flats or sandals. You could even add in a straw fedora for an extra bit of sass. Love it!
6. Ella Eyelet Dress – $178.00 – As the description on Rosie’s website says, you’ll be wearing this dress to work, to the beach and long after you’ve given birth. With Easter coming up, this would make a lovely and comfortable outfit. I love the addition of the belt on dresses like this for some extra definition to the waist area (in late pregnancy, definition is hard to come by, so anything I can do to accentuate it is great!). A pair of nude pumps or wedges will add a sophisticated feel or you can go casual with sandals or flats.
7. Mini Maxi Dress – $168.00 – I love the look of maxi dresses, but for someone who isn’t even 5’0, I get lost in all of that fabric. I was SO happy to see there was a shorter version of the trendy dress in Rosie’s collection! This is the perfect breezy style for spring and summer, and I can definitely see a denim jacket being worn with this to pull the outfit together.
8. Molly Dress – $168.00 – I love a good flowy dress, and even more so while pregnant! This is another dress that needs barely any accessories or none at all to look instantly pulled-together. It can be worn for work or for play; either way you will live in this dress!
9. Sleeveless Carla – $178.00 – I love a simple sheath dress. They have such an easy elegance about them. I would love to don a pair of pearl earrings for a delicate look, or jazz things up with a statement necklace. This is a flattering dress for all expectant mamas and a very versatile piece.
10. Stella Dress – $258.00 – This is a great dress for a fancy event or date night out to the best restaurant in town. You can wear the dress with or without the grosgrain tie-belt, but I love how it looks with the dress. That way, you don’t have to rummage around for the perfect necklace or accessories — it’s already included with the dress!
Did/Do you live in dresses during your pregnancy? Or were/are you more of a jeans and tee kind of mama?
Share this Post