Making Thanksgiving desserts used to be a division of pies: pumpkin, apple, pecan. All families had their favorites and preferences — homemade whipped cream or à la mode — but pies ruled the post-dinner Thanksgiving table.
Today’s Thanksgiving dessert recipes are sampling a wider palate of flavors. Pumpkin appears in different forms — cakes, crêpes or tinged with chocolate. Pecan dabbles with bourbon. Apples aren’t the only fruit on the dessert menu as cranberries and quince make a tart appearance. We’ve found 10 delicious Thanksgiving desserts that will make your table more beautiful and give your taste buds a new, unexpected reason to sing.
Let us know which one — or ones! — you plan to try. We’ll bring the after-dinner coffee.
- Acorn Cookies
- Quince and Vanilla Sorbet
- Mini Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cakes
- Almond Cherry Coconut Crisp
- Merryfield Apple Cake
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes with Butter Pecan Frosting
- Pumpkin Layer Cake with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Raw Cranberry Walnut Tart
- Pumpkin Pie Crêpes
- Bourbon Pecan Pie
Like these fabulous temptresses — I mean food bloggers — on Facebook to see more of their tasty treats.
1. Cake Whiz, 2. The Kitchn, 3. The Chic Site, 4. Beyond Frosting, 5. Amanda’s Cookin’, 6. Half Baked Harvest, 7. The Cake Merchant, 8. The Sweet Life Online, 9. In Search of Yummyness, 10. Peanut Butter & Dill Pickles