We all have those crazy-busy mornings where it’s near impossible to make breakfast, let alone sit down and eat. Rather than skip eating or pick up something high carb, high fat from the closest drive-thru, whip up one of these creamy strawberry banana smoothies. Made with fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, rolled oats and hemp seeds, it has everything you need to start the day off right.
If the idea of rolled oats in your smoothie sounds a little strange, you’re not alone. I was that way at first. In fact, it took me several months to throw in my first scoop of oats. But once they are all blended up in this creamy strawberry banana smoothie, you don’t notice them at all. The texture is still smooth, plus the drink now has some fiber in it. It’s almost like drinking a fruit and yogurt parfait. But way better, I promise.
Creamy strawberry banana smoothie
Serves 1 to 2
- 1 banana
- 1 cup organic strawberries, washed and tops removed
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup almond milk (try homemade almond milk)
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Adjust the amount of almond milk based on your desired consistency.
- Pour into one large or two small glasses, garnish with a strawberry and enjoy!
This creamy strawberry smoothie is a perfect on the go breakfast or snack for those busy days we all have. It is also tasty enough that the kids will drink it up with no complaints. They might even ask for seconds…