The best BBQ recipe is a matter of opinion — and taste testing!
May is National BBQ month, and we know you’re going to love the recipes we’ve rounded up. From different BBQ styles to a variety of sauces, everyone has their favorites — so you’re going to want to try each of these and let us know which one you consider the best BBQ recipe!
Barbecue pork recipes to impress your guests
- Pomegranate Molasses BBQ Ribs from I Will Not Eat Oysters are made in the oven — but with a special touch that gives the illusion of slowly smoked ribs. You’ll love the tangy, vinegary sauce, and this recipe will soon become one of your favorites.
- Apple Cider Barbecue Pulled Pork from Self Proclaimed Foodie uses an amazing brine for tender pulled pork made on the grill. Your backyard will smell amazing by the time you’re ready to make sandwiches out of this recipe.
- Ribs with Espresso Barbecue Sauce from The Spice Train deliver an intense, earthy flavor, thanks to the addition of freshly-brewed espresso. We can’t think of a better way to incorporate our favorite morning beverage into dinner!
Barbecue recipes with a twist
- Bourbon Barbecue Sliders with Bleu Cheese from Saucy Pear is a delectable twist on the classic slider. The bourbon adds the perfect amount of flavor to the sauce, and you’ll love the bleu cheese spread so much you’ll be looking around for other uses for your new favorite condiment.
- Barbecue Pulled Pork Taquitos from Life Tastes Good are a fantastic way to stretch your menu and use leftover pork. Leftovers on their own might not seem special, but rolling them into these taquitos makes an entirely new — and delicious — meal.
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Quesadillas from Belle of the Kitchen are simple and delicious. The meat is prepared in your slow cooker, so the cleanup is minimal, and quesadillas are a fun way to incorporate BBQ recipes into your weekly menu.
- BBQ Chicken Pizza from The Optimalist Kitchen makes use of the perfect pizza dough for a recipe you’ll use long after National BBQ Month is finished. The pizza is great for summer months, and you can whip up a new batch of chicken or use leftovers from a meal made earlier in the week.
- Smoked Chicken Wings with Turmeric Honey Mustard Glaze from Droolworthy are, in fact, drool worthy. Smoked wings really bring out the flavor in the chicken, and the turmeric honey mustard is the perfect balance of tangy and sweet to coat the crispy meat.
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs from Garnish & Glaze are sure to be a crowd pleaser during your next outdoor party. Easy to make — and simple to adapt for kids who might not be open to experimenting with new foods — they can be popped on the grill and topped however you’d like.
- Coconut-Harissa Grilled Shrimp Skewers from Floating Kitchen allow you to indulge your love for seafood while grilling this summer. The prep work is minimal, and a light meal is lovely as the weather starts to get warmer.
Find your signature barbecue sauce
- Blueberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce from The Suburban Soapbox is a fun twist on your classic barbecue sauce for summer grilling. Ready in just 30 minutes, this sauce will make all of your tried-and-true grilled meals taste even better.
- Carolina Bold Gold from Patio Daddio is a mouth-watering interpretation of a classic South Carolina mustard sauce. The sauce is bold enough to make your pork shine but mellow enough for kids to enjoy, too, making it a true crowd favorite.
- Pineapple Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce from The Recipe Rebel blends sweet and sour together perfectly for a tangy sauce with just a bit of spice. You’ll want to try it on all of your meats this summer — pork, chicken and seafood all work well with the balanced flavors.
Follow our fabulous BBQ recipe gurus on social media!
Belle of the Kitchen, Droolworthy, Floating Kitchen, Garnish & Glaze, I Will Not Eat Oysters, Life Tastes Good, Patio Daddio, Self Proclaimed Foodie, Saucy Pear, The Optimalist Kitchen, The Recipe Rebel, The Spice Train, The Suburban Soapbox