Who captures your kiddo’s heart? Mom of course! Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and we have the perfect DIY card to make mom’s day extra special!
My Heart Belongs to Mom DIY Card
This craft uses a technique called tissue paper bleeding which is just as fun as it is beautiful! With just a bit of water, you can transfer the dye from bleeding tissue paper onto your project, and the results are simply stunning!
Our guide has everything you need to know to create a truly one-of-a-kind gift for mom.
What you need to get started
- White card/Envelope
- Bleeding tissue paper (we used red, pink, blue and purple)
- Paint brush
1. Begin by tearing the tissue paper into small pieces. One inch squares seem to work well.
2. Paint a thin layer of water on the front of the card and place the blue/purple tissue across the entire page. Layering the tissue will add more vibrancy and create a neat marbled effect.
3. Once the tissue is in place, coat the top with another layer of water.
4. Repeat the process on the inside, right page of the card with the pink/red tissue paper.
5. Allow the card to dry completely and then peel off the tissue paper. You will be left with a gorgeous dyed masterpiece!
6. Use a pair of scissors to cut a heart through the middle of the front of the card. Depending on the age of your child, have them write or trace the saying onto the card with a black marker.
“My (heart) belongs to…” on the front.
“Mom” or “Grandma” on the inside.
Feel free to add a special note at the bottom!
A gift she’ll treasure
Just slip your finished card into its envelope, and you’ll be ready to make this Mother’s Day one she’ll never forget!
Have you ever tried tissue paper bleeding before? Once you start, it’s hard to stop!
This post was contributed by Joanna Murnan. You can find more from Joanna on her blog, Makingmine.Read More →