Stock your diaper bag with the must-haves from Target
Every single mom has different diaper bag essentials and having gone through three babies (and countless diaper bags!) I can tell you that that whole “everything but the kitchen sink” rumor about diaper bags is true. Moms are known for keeping helpful items in their diaper bags — like diapers and a spare bottle — and other goodies that help them manage motherhood when they’re not at home.
So, how does a mom narrow down what to keep in her diaper bag?
Here are some of my must-have diaper bag essentials from one of my favorite places to stock my diaper bag, Target. And, while they carry everything under the moon to keep babies and mamas happy while they’re out exploring, they don’t, thankfully, carry kitchen sinks. Be sure to visit the Target Baby Sale, which is running now through September 13, 2014, with fantastic prices on everything you need for your diaper bag (including many of the items listed below!)… and more.
Diaper bag essentials for baby
1. Extra socks Because you know that you’ll lose one along the way… especially if you baby isn’t wearing shoes yet. Grab a few extra pair of socks and stash them in the bottom of your diaper bag for those “Oh, no!” mommy moments. (Just One You Made By Carters Newborn Boys’ 3-Pack Terry Cuff Monkey Socks, $5)
2. A stock of pacifiers If your baby is a pacifier-aholic, extra pacifiers should be the first thing you put in your diaper bag. In fact, we’d even argue that having a spare pacifier will get you further than a spare diaper! We adore these sweet, modern pacifier designs for super-hip babies. (NUK Babytalk Orthodontic Pacifier 2-Pack, $4)
3. Something to play with Take it from moms who have been through the baby-phase a time or two, keeping some special toys in your diaper bag — ones that your baby regularly play with at home — will get you those extra five-minutes to visit with a friend over coffee or to try on that dress you’ve been eyeing. (B. Wheeee-Is Soft Cars 4-Pack, $16)
4. Bored-fighting board books They chew them. They suck on them. Sometimes they even seem to be babbling with the pages open, as if they’re reading them. Board books are sure to keep baby boredom at bay and they’ll often save your sanity on those extra-long pediatrician appointments. Be sure to switch up the book that you keep in your bag from time-to-time! (The Very Hungry Caterpillar Board Book, $11)
5. The go-everywhere and do-everything diaper bag Okay, you have all of this great gear, but what are you going to use to carry it? A mom-favorite brand that you might not realize they carry at Target, Skip Hop, always pulls through with diaper bags that are both functional, and stylish. (Skip Hop Duo Signature Diaper Bag, $60)
6. Snacks for hungry tummies Happy tummies equals happy babies. Snacks are always a must-have for diaper bags and they are always quick to go. Make sure you grab a few new kinds every time you hit up your local store! (Ella’s Kitchen Organic Nibby Fingers, $4)
7. Wipes, always, wipes If you talk to moms of older children — ones who are long out of the diaper stage — you’ll find that they still carry a pack of baby wipes in their purses! Bonus points to Target for now carrying mom-favorite, The Honest Company. (Honest Natural Face, Hand and Baby Wipes, 10 Count, $1)
Diaper bag essentials for mom
1. A fun water bottle This is one that does double-duty for mom and baby — mom can stay hydrated throughout the day and she can also use this glass water bottle to fill up baby’s formula bottle, if need be. (Ello Syndicate Glass Water Bottle, $15)
2. Snacks for you, too Keeping baby fed is only half of the battle, right? Don’t forget to throw some snacks for yourself in your diaper bag. Something sweet is always good when your blood sugar needs a kick! (Luna S’mores Nutrition Bars for Women, 6-Pack, $6)
3. A little lip gloss goes a long way Because when you’re trying to get out the door in the morning, with kids or a baby in tow, remembering to put on some makeup can easily be forgotten. A little lip gloss and you’re good to go. Mom tip: Grab a color that is natural enough that you can put it on without looking in the mirror. (Burt’s Bees Lip Shine, $7)
4. Something you love to read As a mom of a baby, it’s likely that you haven’t picked up a book since you were pregnant. Keep a book that’s light and fun to read in your diaper bag for those five-minutes here-and-there where you can actually find time to read. Psst! We’ve read this book and highly recommend it! (Target Club Pick of June 2014: The Rosie Project: A Novel, $13)
5. Thank you notes for downtime Shower gifts. Flowers while you were in the hospital giving birth. Baby presents from relatives and co-workers. Let’s face it, you have thank you notes that you should have written weeks ago… maybe months ago. Keep a pack of thank you notes in your diaper bag and conquer one from time-to-time. (Thank you Card Pack, $4)
6. T-Shirt back-up for blowouts and spit-up You probably have back-up clothes for your little one in your diaper bag, but often, Mom gets attacked in a blowout/spit-up match as well. Keep an extra t-shirt in your diaper bag for quick changes when you’re in public. These v-necks are our favorite and come in every color of the rainbow — size up, they’re cut for teens! (Junior’s Boyfriend V-Neck Tee, $9)
$50 Target Giveaway
Please senter through the Rafflecopter form below
No purchase necessary.
Open to legal residents of the 50 US and DC, 18 or older.
Ends on Sept. 18th at 11:59pm PST
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post however all my savvy thoughts and sassy opinions are my own.Read More →