Welcome baby with metallic nursery decor
Choosing the perfect nursery decor doesn’t always involve bright colors and building blocks. Metallic nursery accessories might not seem like a natural choice for a sweet baby’s room, but the versatile finish fits into a variety of nursery themes. From ornate and glamorous to sleek and modern, metallic accessories can help you create the nursery of your dreams.
Gold adds glamour to a sweet nursery
If your design aesthetic leans toward the ornate, gold is the metallic to add luxurious touches to your nursery. Warm colors work best with gold, and a nursery awash in gold and pink easily becomes a nursery for your little princess. The Project Nursery Pink and Gold Gorgeousness Nursery is a glamorous room featuring gold and pink wallpaper. If you aren’t sure about the commitment of wallpaper in your nursery, look to gold accessories to add a luxe touch to your decor.
- I Love You to the Moon and Back Print (Project Nursery, $20)
- Wood Wall Monogram in Gold (Project Nursery, $310)
- Tea Room Wall Mirror (Land of Nod, $169)
- McKinley Gold Chandelier (Pottery Barn Kids, $299)
- Purple and Gold Nursery Pillow (Caden Lane, $64)
Go modern with silver nursery decor
Silver adds a modern sheen to any nursery, in part because it pairs so well with almost any color palette. Shades from jewel tones to pastels can benefit from silver accent pieces. Whether you want a sleek, monochromatic look or one that uses deep color, like the Silver Safari Nursery pictured above, silver is the perfect accent to add visual interest.
- White Cloud and Moon Mobile in Silver (Project Nursery, $70)
- Star Bright Decals in Silver (Land of Nod, $49)
- Fisherman Pendant (Pottery Barn Kids, $79)
- Little Twigs Wall Mirror (Land of Nod, $219)
- Love Letter Pillow (Posh Tots, $140)
Invest in metallic nursery accessories
Metallic nursery accessories can be splurge pieces for your baby’s room because of their decorating versatility. Silver and gold are classic accent colors, and the pieces you invest in for your nursery can be repurposed in your child’s room as he or she grows older. Some of the pieces are so gorgeous, you might find that you’re tempted to repurpose them in other rooms in your home!