We know it is the thought that counts, but when it comes to the holidays, getting gifts that you love from your family and friends makes celebrating pretty special. However, we all know that leaving countless hints for your husband and sending emails with gift ideas to your loved ones is just plain awkward… if you can even think of gift ideas to send them in the first place!
Thankfully, this year, WishBin has come to the rescue, offering an easy-to-use, free gift registry method for creating a holiday wishlist for yourself and even for your kids (Hello, grandparents? Are you listening?). Use WishBin now to make holiday gift giving easy for you and for your family and friends and keep using it throughout the year to both give and receive gifts that are thoughtful and that you’ll never need to include a gift receipt for.
The details: How it works & how to get it
Here is how you get started and how to use WishBin, step-by-step:
- Start by visiting the WishBin website and click “Get WishBin.”
- Choose to register using your Facebook account or your email address. You’ll be asked to upload a profile picture, as well as if your account is a wedding registry. You can also add personal dates that might be helpful for gift givers, such as your birthday and wedding anniversary.
- You’ll be prompted to install the WishBin plug-in, which is simply the little WishBin icon that lives at the end of your web browser toolbar. You won’t even know it’s there… until you see something you want to add to your bin!
- Be sure to take the time to watch the quick WishBin tutorial video, which shows exactly how you add items to your bin.
- Now, start adding items from your wishlist to WishBin just by dragging that cute pair of shoes or that purse you’ve been swooning over to the little WishBin icon on your browser. This will open up the WishBin sidebar, automatically adding it to your bin and allowing you to input any additional details, such as size or color.
Santa Claus has nothing on you
While creating our own WishBin gift registry is fun, we also love the flip-side… how easy it makes gift giving during the holidays and throughout the year. Have your family, friends and those oh-so-hard-to-buy-for teenagers in your life create their own WishBin accounts and you’ll be able to access them easily for the holidays, birthdays and other special gift-giving moments.
Use the “Find Love Ones” search bar in the upper right-hand corner of the WishBin website to find the person you’re looking for. Then, click the “Get Reminders” button to get automatic updates for their birthdays and other special occasions. Easy, right?
You can click straight-through from WishBin to buy the items in their bin and, after you do, WishBin allows you to say that you purchased it, taking it off of their account to avoid duplicate gifts from other gift givers.
Stay connected to WishBin
Win your WishBin for the holidays!
One winner will receive $150 worth of “wishes” from their very own WishBin. Be sure to fill up your bin with goodies, just in case you’re the winner! Contest ends 12/8/2014 at 11:59 PST. Open to U.S. residents only. Must be 18 years old to enter and win.Read More →