Joovy Too Qool: a new luxury double stroller
In the world of double strollers, there are the heavyweights that everyone knows, and everyone else. Enter the newest luxury double stroller on the market, the Joovy Too Qool, and boy, is it pretty. If you’re like me, you probably haven’t heard of Joovy before, but lately, this children’s brand best known for their Stand-On Caboose stroller, has been coming out with a lot of innovative and stylish new products (like this new HiLo high chair.)
As a double stroller, the Too Qool is awesome because it can be used as both a single and a double stroller, which is convenient when you don’t want to have to lug a giant double stroller around. My oldest loved being able to see her baby sister, and both the 5-month-old and toddler sat in it for a long time with no complaints (which is a huge plus for this mom.)
The Too Qool also has a ride-along board accessory that Little Miss just about flipped over and refused to get off of (although I personally find all ride-along boards a little awkward — where is the kid’s head supposed to go exactly?) and the graphite frame which we got is sleek and stylish.
- The Too Qool is available in a variety of gorgeous colors to choose from — we tried it out in Jade and it’s a beauty
- Can be used as either a single or a double stroller
- Generously-sized basket
- Generous sun-shade
- Fabrics are very cushy and seats generously padded
- Drove very easily over many cracked city sidewalks.
- Lots of great accessories like the ride-along board
- The second seat comes included, which isn’t the case with most other convertible double strollers.
- When used as a full double, and having the seats facing each other, the kid in the bottom seat is very cramped and close to the other footrest, and when reversed, the bottom rider is totally hidden from view — but to be fair, this is also the problem with the Uppa Baby Vista.
- Only the top seat reclines fully — the bottom one reclines a little but not all the way (again, this is the same with the Vista)
- Folding it isn’t too laborious, but the back seat does need to be removed first.
- The basket is awesomely large if you’re using this as a single, however, once the second child is in and their feet are in the basket, your space becomes very limited. I would recommend purchasing some Mommy Hooks if you’re going to use this as a double most of the time.
You can use the Too Qool from newborn to toddler. (NOTE: The TooQool will be releasing car seat adaptors in the near future that should work with most of the major infant car seat brands.) Here’s the official features breakdown:
• Anodized graphite aluminum frame
• 2 – Fully padded, reversible seats with full recline, leg support
• 2 – Removable, washable seat pad inserts
• Easy release, full-size wheels with sealed bearings
• Sealed bearing steering
• Cantilever 4-wheel suspension system
• Quick step swivel wheel locks
• Leatherette wrapped hand-stitched handlebar and bumper bar
• 2 Oversized canopies — front has a zippered extension
• Large storage basket
While the $799 price tag may seem high at first glance, remember it includes that second seat, which actually makes the Too Qool a pretty great deal compared to other comparable double strollers. If you’re looking for a stylish and versatile full-featured stroller with the option to grow with you family, the Joovy Too Qool is definitely one you’ll want to check out.Read More →