Andrea Fellman is originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota, but moved to Los Angeles to attend the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. After graduating from FIDM, working on a few small independent films and an internship with SONY Pictures, she fell in love, got married and her dream of becoming a stylist while dressing the stars soon turned into dressing two toddlers. Prior to having kids, she also managed a high-end kids boutique in Santa Monica where she immersed herself in the kid industry. While she was a stay at home mom, she craved a creative outlet. Her husband, the tech-savvy one, encouraged her to start a blog.
Andrea wanted to take her knowledge of the children’s industry and share it online with other moms looking for great products and stylish clothing for their children, which was just the beginning of Savvy Sassy Moms. She also wanted the site to help moms not forget who they are in the midst of chaos and not lose their own personal style to motherhood. Andrea always knew other moms should contribute to the blog, which is why Savvy Sassy Moms is plural… it was never supposed to only be about her, but a variety of moms. The website now has 11 contributors and has since grown into a premier online destination for all things fashionable and fun for moms, babies and kids.
Andrea still lives in Los Angeles – Pasadena to be exact – with her incredibly supportive husband, Harris Fellman, and two children. McKenna is an old soul, wise beyond her years, and hopes to take over Savvy Sassy Moms one day. Hudson is the sweetest, happiest boy on the planet who is sure to break some hearts; look out ladies!
The Fellman family is moving to Costa Rica this summer to pursue one of their dreams, living abroad. Check us out over on Wanderlust Living!
Andrea around the web:
- She is a weekly contributor to the BabyCenter’s Blog where she shares her stylish product picks.
- The Los Angeles ivoice correspondent for iVillage.com/ivoices
- Right Start: Andrea is currently managing the Right Start Blog, social media coordinator and brand ambassador.
- Pregnancy Awareness Month Advisor and hosting an Oh Baby! Style Suite for the 2013 LA event.
- Friend of Baby Buggy the non-profit charity that provides baby gear and necessaties to families in need